Old 04-18-2012, 10:25 AM

Fluke regulations- 2012

They have just been posted: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7894.html
Size: 19.5"
Limit: 4 fish per day
Season: 5/1/12 - 9/30/12
Old 04-18-2012, 05:50 PM

Yeah and Looking forward to it!!

Those damn RSA boats fishing now for Fluke and Sea Bass piss me off.

They get to pay a fee to catch recereational fish that belong to all recreational fisherman.
Old 04-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Administrator

go get on the RSA boat and keep four fish 14 to 18 inches!! perfect for the freezer

Meanwhile if you ahev followed me for any time you would have heard me ad nauseum tel you folks RSA fluke do NOT come out of our's or anybody's quota. They sold to pay for marine reseach the gov't is too cheap top pay for themself.

It is like rasing cattle for slaughter and hamburger..so RSA fluke is not affecting you or me
Old 05-01-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ View Post
go get on the RSA boat and keep four fish 14 to 18 inches!! perfect for the freezer

Meanwhile if you ahev followed me for any time you would have heard me ad nauseum tel you folks RSA fluke do NOT come out of our's or anybody's quota. They sold to pay for marine reseach the gov't is too cheap top pay for themself.

It is like rasing cattle for slaughter and hamburger..so RSA fluke is not affecting you or me
Not entirely true Rich. The NMFS sets aside up to 3% of the TAL for RSA. The TAL is the total allowable landings. It is the total quota before it is split for commercial & recreational landings. I fully support RSA for funding research activities.

"NMFS, in cooperation with the Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council (Council), is soliciting proposals under the 2012 Mid-Atlantic Research Set-Aside (RSA) Program that address research priorities concerning the summer flounder, scup, black sea bass, Loligo squid, Illex squid, Atlantic mackerel, butterfish, and bluefish, and tilefish fisheries. The Mid-Atlantic RSA Program was created by the Council as a vehicle to fund research projects through the sale of research quota. Under this program, the Council may set aside up to 3-percent of the total allowable landings (TAL) from the above listed species to fund selected projects."

Last edited by steamboat1; 05-01-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM

Slightly off topic here, but I just looked at the DEC regulations and apparently we are allowed to keep 5 horseshoe crabs each day.

What the hell would one do with a horseshoe crab?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Administrator

[quote=steamboat1;41000]Not entirely true Rich. The NMFS sets aside up to 3% of the TAL for RSA. The TAL is the total allowable landings. It is the total quota before it is split for commercial & recreational landings. I fully support RSA for funding research activities.

that's excatly what I said..it does not come out ofanybody's quota thus the term set aside
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 AM

[quote=RJ;41008]
Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat1 View Post
Not entirely true Rich. The NMFS sets aside up to 3% of the TAL for RSA. The TAL is the total allowable landings. It is the total quota before it is split for commercial & recreational landings. I fully support RSA for funding research activities.

that's excatly what I said..it does not come out ofanybody's quota thus the term set aside
Never mind. It's obviously over your head.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post
Slightly off topic here, but I just looked at the DEC regulations and apparently we are allowed to keep 5 horseshoe crabs each day.

What the hell would one do with a horseshoe crab?
They are excellent bait used in traps for crabs, eels, conch etc.